Friday, August 8, 2008

Are You Paying Attention To What Your Children Are Seeing


 


I had a conversation with a little boy the other day. He is 6 years old. His parents and I share a garage together. I haven't seen him in awhile. I asked him how he is doing. Then I told him to tell his parents I said hi. He continued to tell me that is his mom's friend over there with his mom. Then he tells me they do nasty things together. WOW ! I was so taken back by that. I didn't ask for details ,because really I was afraid to know. 

Are You Paying Attention To What Your Children Are Seeing?

For sure these adults are not paying attention to what they exposing this child to. I have a 6 year old as well. I understand he has one eye and one ear on my at all times. Even when I think he might be sleeping or preoccupied . There is still that chance he knows what is going on. 
Are parents forgetting to protect there children from themselves. Sometimes we do things that are fine to adults. There are also lines we don't need to cross with our children. We ask ourselves why are the children of today growing up so quickly ? Reasons like exposing them to adult like behavior at a young age is the answer. Children mimic what they see.

What are you showing your kids?

No comments: