It is very important to me for my kids to understand what it means to be an environmentalist. First i will inform them the true definition. Which is: 1 : an advocate of environmentalism
2 : one concerned about environmental quality especially of the human environment with respect to the control of pollution.
Now that we know what it means , We need to teach them how to be this.
So i have put together a list of 10 Ways to Teach your Kids to be Eco-Friendly
- Lead by example. If you do it your kids will follow.
- Recycle in your home . Make a easy area where the kids can do it themselves.
- Try not to throw out everything . Example: toys, old computer, clothes & movies. Some one's trash is another one's treasure.
- Reuse - example : unfinished notebooks from school can make great scrap paper
- Shop at used item stores & garage sales .
- Use less paper products : paper napkins & paper towels .
- Instead of bottled water use a reusable water bottle.
- Use a good Tupperware instead of wrapping your food in foil or plastic wrap.
- Always put your trash in the garbage .
- Read labels and make sure that the product you buy are Eco -friendly.