Friday, June 20, 2008

Other Children at the Playground

So, I am At the playground with my kids after school. We ALWAYS have to deal with Other Peoples Children. I teach my children that we share the space at the park with other children.

My daughter comes up to me and tells me a little 3 year old is shoving her hard in the stomach. My daughter is rather tolerable of other children. I raised her to understand not every body's parents teach good manners. I address the mother at the playground. Her reaction was a blank stare. Like what do you want me to do? So I walk away and let it go. Not even 10 minutes later my son comes over and tells me the same story.

Again, My son is even more tolerable of other children. So, again I address the mother.Telling her that again your child has aggressively touched my other child. I also way trying to tell her that her daughter was fake crying to make it like something happened to her. She proceeded to tell me her 3 year old said it wasn't her it was someone else.

Do you think she took her child to the side and talk to her? NO! She took her to the ice cream truck and rewards the behavior. I just don't get it. How is she going to learn to keep her hands to herself if she doesn't receive some form of discipline?

The best is yet to come... They are leaving the park and her friend says to me
" We are leaving so your kids won't be bothered by her."

Sure leave and don't teach your child anything! Hey folks... these are our future adults.


No comments: