Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Just Don't Understand People


I just don't understand people...



Let me start by saying , This isn't personal to any religion. I was in Brooklyn today with my kids. We were painting a wall on Myrtle ave , off of Spencer. It is a mix community. The orthodox Jewish people share the area with Hispanic people African Americans,& Caucasians. That is all good and dandy.

I notice a little Jewish girl get dropped off from the school bus on the corner. I look around no parent to be found. She couldn't have been any older than seven. I comment to my friend about it. He tells me that is normal around there. That nobody would dare to touch that child. That the orthodox feel safe in their community . I just couldn't understand.

Do child molesters ask what religion you are before hurting them? So I try to let it go. Then i take my kids for a walk for pizza. We are walking down Myrtle ave and there is like 10 more children under the age of 9 playing outside with no adults in sight. Two more maybe 4 & 6 years old crossing the street alone. SICK.... I mean it is just SICK !

For those who don't know Myrtle ave in Brooklyn it has a lot of traffic on it.


View Larger Map


Even my own children couldn't understand. I asked them What they thought about it. They couldn't comprehend why a parent would leave their child in a vulnerable position. They are grateful I am always around.

No comments: