Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home Schooling During Summer Vacation



It is very important to continue education during the summer. Most children lose a large percentage of what they have learned during the school year if not instilled during the summer. I have always done Home Schooling During Summer Vacation.

Home schooling in the summer
makes the school year easier for the kids.

My children learn at home and instill at school. I listen to plenty of parents complain that their child hasn't learned anything. Or that they are really unhappy with the teacher. For the past five years the same parents complain year after year. They ask me over and over "What do you think of the teacher?"

For five years my kids have had amazing teachers. I don't get it. My kids learn plenty in school.

Today was the last day of school. My children received amazing grades. I was so proud of my daughter especially. She had to deal with unruly children. She had distractions throughout the whole school year. She still rose up and excelled in school.

I believe it has a lot to do with the fact that i teach them at home. I don't leave it up to the school system to teach my children. That is my job. I would home school them all year long but I feel it is important to socialize them as well. I want the to get exposure to other cultures. More importantly I want others to be exposed to them.

We don't jump right into it. We take a week off and sleep late and relax. Then we get down to business. I make the summer a fun learning experience, zoos, Museums & Field trips to the parks. They do summer reading. We touch on math, science and practice our handwriting.

1 comment:

OliviaiB said...

I am in the process of doing this myself. I went out and got some books from the 99cents Store and Echo had some work books. I also got the book from the school but I was a bit disappointed because it looks more like work for incoming Kindergarden kids. Nonetheless, he'll be doing his work in the day.