Going back to school can be an adjustment for many children . In our house we call it Sunday syndrome . Been home for the long weekend or school holidays and don't want to go back to school . It is that feeling you get in your stomach when you start something new.
There are plenty of things you can do to make starting school easier on your child. I put together a few.
- A week before school starts get them into the school routine .
- Start implementing the school bedtime .
- Have them fresh in up on school basics .
- Have your school supplies put together and labeled.
- If your child is young :
- Put a picture of you and them in there book bag. Reassure them that you are always there and you love them .
- Write them little notes in there lunch . You'd be surprised how it helps them get through the day .
- Send the teacher a little note on the first day of school . Introduce yourself and tell a little about your child. Then you can reassure your child that the teacher knows special things about them . They become more comfortable with the teacher.
- Take them to play at the school yard . A lot of times there are other children from the same school playing . Get them reacquainted .
- Find out who is in there class .
- Possibly set up a play date with a child entering the same school in the same class .