Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tattooed Mommy

I see everyday people judged on what they look like. I love tattoos . Just simply love them. I have been getting tattooed for about 15 years give or take a few. Every one I get seems to get bigger and bigger. Nobody really can see most of mine. They all tell a story. The only on that everybody see on the regular is the one on my back. That is my family tree. The butterflies are my husband and myself. The caterpillars are the kids. In this picture I am getting the whole tattooed reworked. I had  it done in sections to begin with.

Soon enough I will have tattoos that people will be able to see . I have plans on getting my arms full sleeved. In case you don't know what that means , my whole arms will be covered with art work. My Brother from another mother does most of my art work. (I guess that is why I became so addicted).

I hope for my kids that they don't judge them because of me. My son wishes I wouldn't get anymore. He thinks it changes me. I had explained to him that I waited my whole childhood to be able to have the freedom to express myself. One day he will have the same freedoms to what he wishes with his body.

5 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I think self expression is so important. I was talking to a family member last year and said I wanted to get more piercings done on my ears. I have 6 at the moment. He looked at me and said "You are too old".

Talk about a slap in the face. Strange thing is is didn't seem that long ago that I was "too young".

But strangely enough you get to an age where just give damn waht anyone else thinks anyway. I must have reached that age. :D

Would you have tattoos on your
face?

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I have three large tattoos on my left thigh, so they're seen in the summertime. I quit worrying what other moms or people at the pool would think. Anyone who would pass judgment like that based on looks probably wouldn't be a person I'd want to be friends with anyway! :-)

Getting Healthy with Dana said...

I would never say never but as of right now in my life no ink on my face.

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh I love tatoos...but god the pain some of them bring! lol i have five... I posted on them at my blog a few days back and my piercings to!

King of New York Hacks said...

i'm waiting til I'm 90 to get my first tatoo that say " I'm 90 , go F*** youself" ....although maybe I'll get it tomorrow and just say I'm forty go F*** yourself, whats the difference right?