Friday, July 4, 2008

What are the laws on children abusing each other?

What are the Laws on Children Abusing each other?

Where is the line drawn for sibling fighting? When does the physically aggressive behavior become abusive?
Growing up in a home where spanking was normal lead us to believe that hitting was OK. But It wasn't OK. My brother and I took it to another level. I felt at time it was to out of control. It have given me strong feelings about hitting another person. That there are other ways to solve problems. I don't not put my hands on my children . They are not aloud to put their hand on each other nor is it tolerated in my home.
They are taught to talk it out. They are taught to respect themselves and each other.

How are children supposed to know how to deal when their parents are hitting them. You are just teaching them if people aren't doing what they like they can beat on them. I saw this first hand the last week of school at the park .There was a girl around 11 years old at the park with her maybe 4 year old brother. The little boy wet her with a water balloon. Well She grabbed him by his ponytail and swung him around. Just picture it really swinging him by his hair. I couldn't just watch. I lost it. I told her to get her hands off of him. She said" it is my brother and i can do what i want." Can you imagine what must go on in their house. I ask where are your parents . Out came another sibling maybe 14. She didn't do anything but try to keep the little boy away from the sister.

Are there laws on this matter? To me it was abuse . In a case like that do you call the police? Why was i the only parent to step up and stop it?

No comments: